Built in the late 11th century, Château d’Eck, is located in the commune of Cadaujac. It is one of the most beautiful medieval châteaux in the Bordeaux area. Flanked by four towers and an outer wall several metres tall, it also features admirable
machicolations and loopholes.
Reflecting its orchards and the quality of their fruit, the château was once called “Freytets”, then “Fruitets” in keeping with the development of the French language. King William VIII of England established the reputation of its wines. His son, Edward the First, gave the château to the Church in 1287. The Bishops of Bordeaux lived there.
In 1302, Bishop Bertrand de Goth, one of the most famous figures in the history of Bordeaux, spent 3 years there prior to becoming Pope Clement V in 1305. The estate was confiscated and nationalised
during the French Revolution.
It was sold in 1816 to François d’Eck, after whom the château is named.
Frédéric Gonet acquired this majestic property in 1999 and undertook an ambitious renovation of the
château. Vineyards was also replanted to confirm the estate’s winegrowing vocation going back nearly 800 years.
Le vignoble :
Superficie en Rouge : 5ha
Superficie en Blanc: 0.45ha
Rouge : 75% Merlot – 20% Cabernet Sauvignon – 5% Petit Verdot
Blanc: 100% sauvignon blanc
Production moyenne :
Rouge : 30 000 bouteilles par an
Pays d’exportation :
Exportation de 20% de la production totale
Lorsque vous visitez un site Web, il peut stocker ou récupérer des informations sur votre navigateur, principalement sous la forme de cookies. Contrôlez vos services de cookies personnels ici.